Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

  1. #41
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Did Keith graduate from Pound or was he a Junior?

  2. #42
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    6: Clintwood: Biggest Strength: The student section can chant lets play football to almost anybody who shows up to play and they have the nicest gym in the LPD. </div></div>
    Nice hahaha
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    The KTN still has last year's stuff up (like the rosters). Not entirely accurate of course or all there, but a little helpful.
    http://www.timesnews.net/hsbasketball.php

  4. #44
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Devin and Bud did graduate. But, Appy should have Forrest, his brother Mason, Josh Allen, and Tyler Hall back as well as the transfer. I don't think they'll have a lot of depth, but they should have a good starting team. Both Forrest and Mason are good players. I think Josh and Tyler both started for Appy last year.

    In the regular season last year, Appy had some good games, but was not the top team going into the tournament. Then, they seemed to catch fire and beat Powell Valley and Norton soundly.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brickey did graduate and didnt Bud Allen also? If so doesnt seem like Appy would be at the top like some predict. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    I forgot about Mason and the younger Allen. Looks like they could be solid, but as others said hardly no depth. Thatll kill you when playing a fast team like JIB and PV.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member raider75's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2007
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Andrew Adkins is back for Coeburn. After ACL surgery his is doing very well. With 1600 points I can imagine we should look for 2000 from him early in the season. I understand with Pate, Adkins and a few others they will be good

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Yeah guys, Clintwood will not be much at all this year. They cannot get enough guys out to have an open gym. Barely enough to play two on two. No one cares about b-ball and it shows. I just hope teams keep it under thirty out of respect. They have
    No height or anyone to handle the ball,
    Who is the head coach over there and can't he motivate any kids to come out at all or does he or the school care at all? Sad! Sad!
    I hope they can at least double the wins over there this year.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did Keith graduate from Pound or was he a Junior? </div></div>

    Keith was a junior last season. Senior this season. Pound had only 2 seniors last year and they played very few minutes.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member imported_KellyHoops41's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2004
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious to see what kind of team Lee High puts together this year. </div></div>

    I could be mistaken but think they're only returning four kids from last year. Laningham, who saw a bit of playing time last year as a Jr, shot up from about 6' to about 6'4". He played a lot of guard in JV so idk how that height change will affect his coordination. Also, the Copeland kid, he's a Sophomore I believe, should be a pretty solid player.

    I don't think Lee ever gets much talk on here, but I figured I'd throw a little out there.
    [img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Scooby31/pat_riley6-1.jpg[/img]
    "Discipline is not a nasty word." -Pat Riley

  10. #50
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Lee could be a bit of a dark horse in the CMD. Back a couple of years ago, they had a good team that beat both Twin Springs and Gate City in the holiday tournament.

    I really don't know what to expect from the other CMD teams. I think Gate City will be still be playing some good ball but not on the level they've been the last couple of years.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •